Jonah 4:2 (NASB)
v 2 And he prayed to the LORD and said, "Please LORD, was not this what I said while I was still in my own country? Therefore, in order to forestall this I fled to Tarshish, for I knew that Thou art a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, and one who relents* concerning calamity.
1. Why did Jonah not want to go to Niveveh? ___________________________________
Has there ever been a time in your life where you refused to do God's will? _______
Can you share?_________________________________________________________
2. Jonah Knew God Would Grant an Awakening. He Speaks of 5 Qualities God Has; They Are:
1. Graciousness. 2. Compassionate.
3. Slow to Anger. 4. Abundant in loving kindness.
5. Relenting concerning calamity
Can you think of some way
God has shown you these attributes? Share two of the five in your
1. Graciousness. _____________________________________________________________
2. Compassionate. ____________________________________________________________
3. Slow to Anger. ____________________________________________________________
4. Abundant in loving kindness. _________________________________________________
5. Relenting concerning calamity ________________________________________________
Pray for personal revival,
Pray for Church Revival,
Pray for Revival in this Nation
* Repenting is a change of direction from sin to righteousness.
God may relent after we repent. God's
relenting is not related to any sin on his part.