Looking for Those Who Want To Hear Various Verses
Several Years ago I heard that in one hundred people on is willing to listen to the gospel message. In fact they desire for some one to tell them the story of Jesus.
1. They Need to Hear Salvation Is all of God’s Grace. Eph 2:8-10
A. Salvation Does Not Happen Because of Our Works without The Grace of God.
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NKJV) 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
B. Salvation is not purchased by our gifts.
Acts 8:18-21 (NKJV) 18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 19 saying, "Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit." 20 But Peter said to him, "Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!
21 You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.
2. They Need to Admit They Have Sinned and Need God Forgiveness. Rom. 3:10, 23
Romans 3:10 (NKJV) As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
Romans 3:23 (NKJV) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
3. They Need to Admit They Have Sinned and Need God’s Forgiveness. Rom. 5:8 (NKJV) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
4. They Need to Realize There is a Heaven to Gain and A Hell to Shun. Romans 6:23 (NKJV) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Matthew 25:41 & 46 (NKJV) 41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
5. They Need to Realize a Need to Confess Jesus as Lord. Rom. 10:9-10. (NKJV) 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your
heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 0 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
6 They Need to have A Willingnes to Invite Jesus into their Life. Rev. 3:20 (NKJV) Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.